Approaching to the end of 2016, there are a lot of things for me to ponder upon.
2016 was not easy for me, it was a huge challenge if not, a career shift and a new start to a long road down to my dreams.
Though the journey was certainly not easy, being that there is so many ups and downs and shifts of emotions in changing job, I felt a need to list out a few things in which I am thankful about.
- I am grateful for having a beautiful boyfriend who always stands by my side to support me, feed me and to love me as who I am without judging me first. (I am always surprised by his magnitude to love me as I am and to forgive me as we go along our relationship.)
- I am grateful for a myself to go to church on a daily basis to receive the words and blessings of my church friends and the bible.
- I am grateful for a God who continually loves me and pushes me forward regardless of my challenges and trials.
- I am grateful for my piano teacher who never gave up on me even thought I tried to retake my ATCL performance cert again, who always supports me and continually to nurture me with her advise and her love the best way she could.
- I am grateful for my housemates and my house owner who tolerated my piano playing in such a long term gruesome practice.
- I am also grateful for myself to make the decision to move out and to live alone, although it was scary and I wasn’t sure I was going to make it, but I did it!
- I am grateful for mother who provided me financial support for my dreams and my work and blessing me when I felt like a failure.
- I am grateful for my best friend who stood by me when I needed someone or when I didn’t dare to voice out and hears my complaints continuously and continue to love me as I am.
- I am grateful for my leader who stood out and took the time to look out for me and ask how was I doing.
- Lastly, I am grateful for all the challenges that I faced as a Yamaha group class teacher because it certainly made me into a stronger person and a more social person to take up trials, the challenges also made me realized a new-found love: The Electone! (Beautiful instrument where you can have the melody, bass line and the accompaniment together!)
At the turn of your trials and challenges, what should you be grateful too at the same time? Who are the people who stood by yourself and choose to love you instead? Instead of focusing on things we cannot control, why not we remember what we have in hand, those priceless and valuable relationships you have?